- Diverse client base spans corporate, government, healthcare, and academic sectors.
- Over 3 million modules successfully completed.
- Billions of dollars in financial benefits unlocked.
Achieving Process Excellence
OpusWorks® accelerates skill-building, transforms culture, and increases return on investment through advanced learning solutions and project execution tools.
- Over 100 standard e-Learning modules for Continuous Improvement, Lean, Six Sigma and Leadership.
- Choose a pre-set curriculum design, or create your own course flow.
- Customize our standard content with examples and terminology unique to your goals.
- Full suite of guides, tutorials and templates to support students and instructors.
- Class Management dashboard for easy facilitation and tracking student progress.
- Certification and Post-Test exams assess competency and identify growth areas.
- Quality Toolkit - just-in-time resource for project execution keeps vital tools at your fingertips.
Immediately deploy our proven solutions
Or rapidly design and deploy custom solutions
Unlimited Scalability for accelerated results
Compelling curriculum for process excellence
From the Blog
Colleges constantly look to provide Process Improvement training to meet the needs of surrounding businesses. Implementing a blended learning approach can help colleges scale and serve as a resource for businesses. Here we highlight the successes our customers have achieved partnering with OpusWorks to sell and deliver process improvement training to their clients. Leggi tutto
You are only as strong as your weakest link ? a saying that can be applied when thinking about your company?s current performance and its potential. Training programs are a way to invest in your people to ensure that they have the knowledge and tools needed to perform their best. When your people learn how to work smart and efficiently, you will see return on investment.Here is why you will maximize ROI from training: Leggi tutto
All successful organizations have one thing in common. They?re good at creating and operationalizing processes. Most large companies have spent years developing processes and maximizing employee efficiency. Yet what is initially created doesn?t necessarily work in the present moment. If processes were improved by even 25%, how much would your organization gain? Leggi tutto